Automated Terahertz Imaging of Composites and tooling profiling
Live from the EU-project ATTIC (Automated Terahertz imaging of composites and tooling profiling) see the combination of a fast…
CHANTIERS DE L'ATLANTIQUE (France) with its partners(s): AVEL ROBOTIC, France - BUREAU VERITAS, France - CDK, France - HEXCEL, France - LORIMA, France - MECA, France - MULTIPLAST, France - SMM, France
Industrialization of the fabrication of very large mast to fit to price and delay of marine industry market.
SOLID SAIL MAST fabrication is based on carbon preg pieces made in autoclave. We cut the mast in sections able to enter the largest autoclave (24m x 6m) we had and develop an assembly method using AFP fabricated sleeves to assembly the 24m long sections together in a quick and efficient way.
• Higher quality standard through precisely automated lamination
• Higher productivity from faster/fewer manufacturing processes
• Lower production cost from reduction of processes
• Reduced waste and reduced manufacturing hazard
• Higher consistency in the mass manufacturing of parts